In the State of Connecticut and most other States you are required to complete a handgun safety course, which must consist of no less than the NRA’s “Basic Pistol Course,” prior to submitting your pistol permit application. This Course is accepted for pistol permits in many States including Florida and New York.
Whether you have never operated a firearm, or you are an experienced veteran looking for grade A training and experience to brush up your skills, we promise to work with you at your pace to ensure a rich and knowledgeable experience that will leave you feeling safe and comfortable owning your own firearm.
After completing your class with Connecticut Firearms Training, you can expect the following:
- An official NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate recognized by the state of Connecticut and most other states allowing you to apply for your Gun Permit.
You will leave the class with the right attitude and the peace of mind that you can safely handle and fire your firearms.
- A one day course involving loading, unloading, cleaning, and safety storage.
- Small group or one-on-one Private training to focus full attention on ensuring that your experience and knowledge is maximized.
- Explainations of ammunitions, range rules, and laws surrounding pistol permits
- Connecticut Pistol Permit Application will be provided and we will Notarize the application for you free of charge.
Class Description – Topics covered in this class include: gun safety rules, proper operation of semi-automatic and revolver pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, selecting and storing a pistol safely and correctly, the fundamentals of shooting, the three (3) secrets of accurate shooting, pistol inspection and maintenance, stoppage clearances, malfunction clearance, shooting positions, and a qualification marksmanship shooting test. A light snack is provided, but you will need to bring a lunch.
Tuition – $99 (Limited Time Only) | Ammo – 200 rounds | Time Requirement 5-9 hrs | Equipment – see equipment page